Demonstration in memory of Jimmy Mubenga RIP
Died while in the hands of G4S private security guards
Friday 12 November 2010
Assemble 10:30am @ the Angolan Embassy, 22 Dorset Street, London, W1U 6QY. (Nearest tubes: Baker Street, Marylebone).
March to the Home Office, 2 Marsham Street, London, SW1P 4DF.
On 12 October 2010, Jimmy Mubenga an Angolan man died during a forced deportation from the UK. The Guardian reported that Jimmy was handcuffed and restrained by three private security guards on a British Airways flight from Heathrow. Shortly before he died, Jimmy was heard by other passengers crying out for help.
There have been fourteen deaths (twelve men and two women) since 1991 during forced deportations. The official cause of death in most cases was positional asphyxia or cardiac arrest. Of the fourteen that died, ten were Africans (of which six were Nigerians).
The full list of deaths:
* 2010 Jimmy Mubenga (Angolan - UK)
* 2010 Joseph Ndukadu Chiakwa (Nigerian - Switzerland)
* 2007 Osamuyi Aikpitanhi (Nigerian - Spain)
* 2003 Mariame Getu Hagos (Somali - France)
* 2002 Ricardo Barrientos (Argentinian - France
* 2001 Samson Chukwu (Nigerian - Switzerland)
* 2000 Christian Ecole Ebune (Cameroonian - Hungary)
* 1999 Aamir Mohamed Ageeb Sudanese - Germany)
* 1999 Marcus Omofuma (Nigerian - Austria)
* 1999 Khaled Abuzarifeh (Palestinian - Switzerland)
* 1998 Semira Adamu (Nigerian - Belgium
* 1994 Kola Bankole (Nigerian - Germany)
* 1993 Joy Gardner (Jamaican - UK)
* 1991 Arumugam Kanapathipillai (Tamil, Sri Lanka - France)
No Borders - http://noborders.org.uk/
Corporate Watch - http://www.corporatewatch.org/
Inquest - http://www.inquest.org.uk/
Free Movement - http://www.freemovement.org.uk/
London No Borders - http://london.noborders.org.uk/
Medical Justice - http://www.medicaljustice.org.uk/
National Coalition of Anti Deportation Campaigns - http://www.ncadc.org.uk
Union of Angolans in UK (UAUK)